Daniel Buch (*1992,Neustadt an der Weinstraße) began playing saxophone learning from his grandfather.
After a couple of months he knew that music was all that he wanted to do,
and a deep passion for jazz was born.
He obtained his bachelor degree at the Musikhochschule Mannheim with Jürgen Seefelder and and his Nordic Master at the Sibelius Academy, Helsinki. During his time in Finland, Sweden & Denmark he studied with various musicians like Jussi Kannaste, Mikko Innanen, Verneri Pohjola, Frederik Ljungquist, Alberto Pinton , Peter Danemo and Christian Vuust.
Currently he is back in Mannheim, Germany.
With influences including John Coltrane, Michael Brecker, Ronnie Cuber, Keith Jarret, Frank Sinatra, Jim Hall, Jaco, Paul Bley and many more, Daniel has refined his playing in various outfits.
He played in many Bigbands including state&national youth big band(s) in Germany (BuJazzO),Kicks&Sticks Mannheim,JM World Jazz Orchestra and many more.
In 2017/18 he played various projects with the NDR-Bigband in Hamburg.
Besides that Daniel plays in a lot of smaller combos and is pursuing his own composition.
During his musical carrier he won different Awards and Prices :
- 2011 1st place at Jugend Jazzt (Bingen Swingt) Bigband competition w/“Coming up“
- 3rd price w/“Allstar Bigband Neustadt“
- 2015 1st Price at the Crossover Competition of the „Freundeskreises Mannheim“ w/ his „B&B“ Duo
- 2016 1st Price at the „Future Sounds“ Competition of the Leverkusener Jazztage w/ „Bilderband“
- 2017 Finalist at the „Burghausener Jazzpreis“ w/ „Bilderband“
- 2018 Finalist at GETXO International Jazz Contest
- 2019 Finalist at JazzFruit International Jazz Contest Prag
- Finalist at „Rising Star Abend“ Stuttgarter Jazztage (Nov.19)
He has toured widely, visiting such countries as USA, South Korea, China, France, Gouadeloupe, Ecuador, Netherlands, Italy, Slowakia,Croatia and Austria.
2019 His group, Bilderband, is currently releasing their debut record, featuring Daniel’s compositions. (See snippets of the album in the Media Section )